About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, September 8, 2014

Embracing His Blessings

Life cycles through seasons. Seasons of trial. Seasons of busyness. Seasons of bliss. Seasons of comfort. Seasons of pain. Right now, I feel like I'm in a season of blessing.

Sometimes blessings scare me. I wonder if the blessings are too good to be true, fearful that if I let myself enjoy them, they might slip away. Losing that camper made me feel justified in my fear, almost glad that I hadn't yet embraced it since God turned around and "took it away".

Yesterday God just blew me away, yet again.  Not only did the insurance give us almost double what we paid for our camper (instead of the mere $500 they originally said they could give us), but God led us to a sweet couple who sold us their camper for the exact amount the insurance gave us. It's 6 years newer. Way bigger. So much better in a multitude of ways. Not only does it have a couch and table to make into beds for the boys, but it also has an entire extra room on the back with four bunks. All the bedding included. The kitchen is fully stocked, too!

I absolutely love our new little house on wheels. Except it's not so little anymore. It feels like a dream, considering how little we paid for the first one, knowing that we pretty much got to upgrade to something we never imagined being able to afford, without having to spend another penny. Especially after we felt that all was lost.

In addition to the huge material blessing, I also just sent both my books on to a publisher today, a publisher who only publishes for ministry. Their goal: maximum Kingdom impact.  I couldn't be more blessed to be part of their mission.

God is good. I don't want to be guilty of not appreciating His blessings because I'm afraid of what might be around the corner.

I want to embrace this season of blessing, to embrace the joy that God is offering.

Displaying 20140907_201816_resized.jpg

Displaying 20140907_195204_resized.jpg

Displaying 20140907_195214_resized.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment