About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, February 7, 2014

Stranger things have happened....

While my friends back in Indiana and Pennsylvania are knee-deep in snow right now, we Texans got blasted with our yearly inch or two of white fluff yesterday, bringing all of life to a halt. 

I will say that I'm grateful my district decided to humor me with a snow day today--hey, when nobody around here has any experience with snow, the roads can be quite a dangerous place.  I had a nice, long, quiet morning while I let the boys sleep.  I got caught up on a few things that I'd gotten behind on, I did some laundry and cleaned up in the kitchen.  Later the boys played in the snow, made little Texas-sized snowmen (not everything is bigger in Texas!), we had a nice hot lunch together, and then we went to see a movie.

Had we gone to school today, things would have been a bit rushed.  David was supposed to have a choir party after school, getting him home just in time to finish packing for D-NOW weekend with the youth at church.  We planned to eat a quick, light dinner before taking him in the evening. Juan David wasn't going to be able to go at all because his soccer tournament had games scheduled till 9:00 tomorrow night.  He was pretty excited and eager for his tournament, though.

Late this afternoon, they decided to postpone D-Now to start in the morning rather than tonight.  Then during dinner, we got a text from JD's coach saying that the tournament had cancelled again, not to be rescheduled this time.  He sure was bummed out!  The good news is: he gets to go to D-Now tomorrow with David.  The bad news is: I'm seeing a pattern in this boy's life regarding getting all pumped up about something coming, only to have it fall apart or disappear at the last minute....(First us, then the second family, then once he got here, the first retreat, then the marathon, and then the soccer tournament.)   Makes you wonder what God may be trying to teach him.  I feel for him, though.  This tournament was a pretty big deal to him.




No comments:

Post a Comment