About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Dressing up

Photo
My sweet niece got married on Sunday, so the Alspaugh's actually decided to dress up in fancy clothes for a change.  (Considering we all dress extremely casual for our Saturday night service at church, it's a very rare occasion for us to actually dress up.)  Someone passed on a suit to us for David several years ago, and he fits right into it now.  He wore it for his fifth grade graduation and then again for his Christmas choir concert last week.  Juan David saw him in it and decided he wanted one, too.  He said he'd never worn one before and he wanted to see how he would look.  Thank goodness for my local thrift store and a son who knows I couldn't afford any other option.  He had to pick out each piece individually throughout the store and try them all on, but we left there with pants, a suit jacket, a vest, a nice purple shirt, and black shoes for about $35.  Then I added a blue shirt for David so they both had a bright, vivid color to wear.  
Juan David has been watching all the new Christmas pictures come in the mail, and he made the comment that our family hadn't made one yet. Since we were all dressed up for the wedding, my sister-in-law's father took our family picture for us.  Now we finally have one to print out.

Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment