About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Just warmed my heart

I've been thinking about Julian a lot in the last few days.  I know he tried to be strong while we were in Colombia, but it hit him pretty hard as soon as we left--and took his brother with us.  Not only did he suddenly feel incredibly alone, but he also realized just how close we'd come to adopting him, too, so the reality that we adopted his brother without him really devastated him.  He'd always dreamed of traveling back with us and getting to stay here.  We may never know why God let that door remain open for so long, just long enough to give us a real hope, only to close it again.  (Hmmmmm.  Has that been the case with another situation????)  We know it's either not meant to be, or it's just not time yet for him to come here.

So, needless to say, he's been on my heart.  Today I printed off a beautiful picture of the three boys together and put it in Juan David's room for him.  Then I added his cell phone # to a special account that we have to call Colombia at a very cheap rate.  I dialed the #, gave Juan David the phone, and waited for his brother to pick up. It absolutely warmed my heart to hear such excitement in Julian's voice when he realized who called him. He had so many questions for his brother that he barely let Juan David get a word in.  He may not have any contact with his sister or even know where she is, but at least he knows that he and Juan David will still be brothers for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment