About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, August 12, 2013

"Baby" (Adoption) Shower

Yesterday my sweet sister-in-law threw us a post adoption shower to celebrate Juan David's arrival home and to help us out with our needs.  What a blessing!  I was so touched by how many people even included something special for David, as well.  We had a great time with several dear friends from church, got a surprise phone call from a missionary friend we met in Colombia, and we even got a gift card in the mail from someone who didn't even know about the shower.  Most people gave either us or the boys gift cards, so we headed straight to Target when it was over in order to purchase some of the things we've been needing.  Plus the boys got two new Wii games to play together.  There won't be much Wii time once school starts, so it's a good way for them to enjoy their last few days of summer and to use as a bonding tool.  They also are both now stocked up on toiletries.  I shared with one friend how much Juan David likes to draw comics, and she bought him some sketchbooks and art supplies to work with.  We are incredibly thankful for everyone's generosity and thoughtfulness toward our family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment