About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grateful

Still no date, still no tickets.  The last I heard from both our attorney and our agency's attorney was that they're waiting on Juan David's pictures from the orphanage in order to prepare his visa.  Then we should be able to get an appointment date.

Last night Julian told me that someone from the orphanage told him they were working on Juan David's passport, so he's pretty sure Juan David has finally been told about the adoption.  This absolutely warms my heart, to imagine how happy he must be to know that it all has gone through this time around.

We've been a bit stressed trying to find an affordable place to stay, especially when we can't confirm any dates yet.  We were SO grateful today to hear that we are no longer homeless.  One of the families that we met last summer is going to be traveling in the States this summer, so we are going to be able to rent their house.  What a huge blessing and answer to prayer!  God is definitely ahead of us.

I've been putting in a ton of hours at school, working into the early evening many nights, trying to get everything as finished as possible.  Yes, my sweet students lost all of their desks and chairs yesterday.  They all have to sit on a line of tape on the floor where their # is. I sure do like the room a lot better now--so much space to move around and do fun stuff.  We've been doing Art, listening to stories on CD to work on listening skills, and using lots of manipulatives to learn multiplication hands-on.  Next week we'll do some Reader's Theaters, play some English games for ESL time, create some landforms, and work on a class memory book.  It's all been fun so far, now that all of their testing is over. :)  I'm glad it's over, though, because truthfully, I've got one thing on my mind.  Getting back to Colombia to the boy that stole my heart nearly five years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment