About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Looking good

Well, our psychological evaluations look pretty good this second time around.  It's amazing the difference in how the results were reported now that we took the right test.  We feel very good about them and don't anticipate any problems once they get to Colombia.  Now we're just hoping to hear from a social worker ASAP to get this second home study underway.  Every time I'm tempted to fret and panic over our timeline, I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder telling me to just rest in Him.  He's always had a plan, and He will accomplish it on His timetable.

David and I have been enjoying our time together for our last few weeks of summer.  With temperatures over 100 degrees on a daily basis, we've opted for staying inside.  We've spent many hours making very critical financial investments and decisions over a Monopoly board.  We finished our Hank Zipzer series of chapter books that we've been reading all year together.  (What a challenging series to read as a teacher, reminding me just how careful I have to be to find and point out the strengths in each and every child). Tomorrow will be filled with a dentist appointment, lunch out to support Chick Fil-A, and a coffee date with a dear friend who lives nearby.  One of these days we hope to make it to Six Flags with our free tickets, but the heat has made that choice not seem to be as appealing as it could be.  I'll likely be in to my classroom pretty soon so I can get things organized and set up while it's still calm and quiet--I've learned that taking a few hours to be there the week before anyone else makes a huge difference in how I start the year.  It's always worth the few hours of summer that I gave up.

I've been busy getting started on our new book.  So far I'm about 22 pages in with 3 chapters complete.  Lots and lots of poetry this time.  Today I hope to get through chapter four.  I have this overwhelming feeling that I need to get it all down while it's still fresh in my mind and while I still have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment