About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcome! Bienvenidos....

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can share the songs of my heart (the poetry God gives to me through different seasons of my life), and where I can just be very real about how I see Him at work in, around, and through me. I've come to learn that life is just one divine encounter after another. My family has been on a journey of faith for several years now, and what I've been convicted of more than anything is that I need to just stop planning my life away. I need to just let go and let God. The more I seek an intimate relationship with Him, above all else, the more I will experience His ultimate purpose for me, written in and on the pages of HIS story (not mine). Following God's guidance for every single step is an exciting, thrilling, scary place to be, but it's so worth it once we realize what we would have missed if we had settled with our own plans (as well-planned and thought out as they were). I hope you'll join me and follow me on this journey, and that you, too, will find your part in God's story and will join Him. He will take you places you never dreamed, will lead you through the dark valleys, and will be your comfort and your refuge when you have no where else to turn. But before you know it, you will find that He has already granted the desires of your heart and has done more with, for, and through you than you ever could have asked or imagined. He is a faithful God, and He can be trusted, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment