About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Challenge of the night

Lastnight was our fourth night together in our study of Experiencing God. The conversation and discussions that have taken place in that room each week have been so amazing and inspiring. It's my favorite place to be and my favorite night of the week. After spending a week studying the fact that it is God who pursues a love relationship with us, not the other way around, we were left with this challenge.....

"Early each day I have an appointment with God.......How does He feel when he asks, 'Rachelle (or your name), where are you?', and I am not there."

Let me just say, there was no pressing snooze on that alarm clock today.

No comments:

Post a Comment