About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, January 13, 2024

An extra Christmas blessing

David flew back to Indiana with me on New Year's night and stayed for another 9 days with us. Mike and I were back to work, so David was able to work with his uncle for several days while here, and we spent most of our evenings playing games and watching movies. We also went over to our friends' house for one evening to play games, eat desserts, and drink coffee--friends that are as close in age to David as they are to us, so he fit right in!

But the sweetest blessing came last Sunday when I was able to cross paths with my Grandma, who was staying about and hour or so from us to help with another grandchild. She happened to call my mom on her birthday while I was at my mom's house, and we found out that she was going to be in Indiana the same time as David. So we said we'd try to connect--and that's just what we did! What a priceless time catching up with her. Had it been just me, I probably could have talked for hours on end with her. I just adore her and respect her so much. Her love for Jesus truly makes her glow, and it always has. I hadn't seen her since 2016, and I hope to see her much more often now that I'm living up North and am settled here. 

Then after our lunch with her, we went across the street to Boot Barn to get Mike his Christmas present from me and David. But David surprised me and had me try on boots and jeans so he could be the first one to finally get me in a pair of real cowboy boots. Such a fun, truly memorable day. Another day of this break to cherish in my heart. 








David flew back to Texas early on Wednesday morning to start his last semester at DBU, so I guess my "break" is officially over. Back to reality, but thankful to be back home with my new friends here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment