About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

First Texas Visitor!

I tried to post this a while ago, but the pics wouldn't update, so I had to wait. But here they are. We finally had our first Texas visitor this month when David's friend Garrett made a completely impromptu visit, meaning at 2:00 in the afternoon, he didn't have any plans for the night, but he flew into Louisville, Kentucky around 11:00 that same night. 
It was a real treat to have him, so we made sure to take him out to one of our favorite restaurants in town. He stayed for two days and then flew out early the next morning. 


We enjoyed playing card games together. 

Sitting around the fire making smores (and then I went to bed to give them guy time). 


And they got out the guns to shoot, a luxury of living out in the country now. 

It was a really nice visit with him, and I love how he made the time to come out to see David. He's one of the friends that showed up immediately at the hospital right after David's accident and stayed through the whole surgery, then he also came to visit a few times during his recovery in the weeks that followed. That's a true friend. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment