About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, June 19, 2023

The business side of things

 When Mike sent me some pics the other day of a job he and David have been working on all week, I realized a post about the business side of things would probably help a lot of you see what Mike's been up to since we moved here. I mean, considering working with his brother was the initial draw here and that New Song Mission was God's way of pushing me this direction. 

Mike's brother, Matt, started his own company almost five years ago that has grown and continues to do very well. It's called Tipton Home Services, and he does pretty much about anything when it comes to home improvement services, including remodeling bathrooms and kitchens, painting interior and exterior walls and ceilings, installing new floors, building decks, etc. This spring and summer they've worked on quite a few decks, including one for some friends at church. Earlier in the year, they even did a lot of work inside a local church that just happened to be my new teammate's church. They haven't done much advertising at all, but the quality of their work and their customer service sells itself pretty well, and word of mouth gets their name around. David came this summer with the agreement to work part-time with his uncle and dad, but he hasn't had a day off yet and hasn't complained one bit (other than being pretty sore and exhausted when he started out).

Here are a few pics of some projects they've done over the year. They do a whole lot more, but these are the ones he's sent me pictures of.
















No comments:

Post a Comment