About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

30 Days of Gratitude--Better late than never



Well, it's been a challenging year, and before I knew it, November slipped right past me. But here we are on the last day of November, so I still have time to get in my 30 days of gratitude. Though the year has been filled with a lot of hard, the hard still held things to be thankful for.

This year I am thankful for: (in random order)

  1. A diverse class of students and families from several countries in Central America.
  2. A really great church with incredible leadership
  3. Dallas Baptist University
  4. My bike
  5. A fireplace to keep our house warm through the winter freeze
  6. A really good, caring cardiologist
  7. A chance to see and visit with all of our extended family this year
  8. Safe travels to and from Indiana
  9. A new life group on Saturday nights at a different campus
  10. A really great midweek small group that focuses on strengthening our marriages
  11. Morning walks
  12. Morning kitten snuggles
  13. A hot cup of decaf coffee
  14. Front porch Bible study
  15. Praying friends
  16. A close friend to ride bike with, meet for coffee, and pray with.
  17. Writing opportunities
  18. Bike trails surrounded by gorgeous wildflowers
  19. Juan's reconnection with a childhood friend
  20. Stepping Stones Church
  21. Seeing friends and family survive COVID
  22. Getting stronger after dealing with COVID complications
  23. Card games with David, even though I always lose
  24. Mike's job promotion earlier this year
  25. Friends who buy me new clothes just because
  26. Blueberries
  27. Coffee and lunch dates with friends
  28. Family pics
  29. An exercise bike for cold days and dark mornings
  30. Craft times with Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment