About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, July 31, 2017

Two dreams come true in one day!

About two weeks before we left, a friend who is also an adoptive parent to Colombian children let me know about some places we could possibly visit while in Spain because she had just returned from there. She mentioned touring the Real Madrid soccer stadium, so I looked it up to see if they'd even be open on Sundays. I knew that we'd likely only be in Madrid the day we flew in. When I saw that they closed at 6:30 on Sundays, I told Juan he better tell his sister how badly he wanted to go.

I'm glad he told her because he almost missed his chance! Her mom has absolutely no interest in soccer whatsoever, so she'd already planned out several other places for us to go that afternoon while in Madrid. Historical places that most people wouldn't want to miss if they only had one day to tour Madrid, but to my son, touring that stadium topped all of those opportunities. To him, that "museum" was the only one that mattered.

So, as soon as we finished eating lunch, we hopped on a bus and headed toward the stadium. I took a ton of pictures (and he took even more), but I don't think my pictures really do it justice. I love watching my boys play soccer, but I'm not a fanatic for the sport, so I can't say I really understood what I was looking at. All I saw was a sweet girl who couldn't stop hugging her brother. Those were the moments I wanted to capture. Seeing those two together again was my dream come true.

As I said in a previous post, I have a lot more pictures that are clearer and better, but for her privacy, I will only post the ones that don't identify her so obviously.




























 Where the players sit. It's dark in the picture, but Juan David and Laura are sitting there together on the players' chairs. 

What an incredible experience.
A day I will never forget. 
A memory I will never regret making with my son. 

He watched two of his dreams come true in one day. I had one of the greatest longings of my life fulfilled to finally see those two together again. 

(Plus they had wifi there, so I got to send pictures to Mike and David right in the moment. Oh, and I forgot to mention, David flew to Los Angeles the day before on another youth mission trip, which made for a crazy week of keeping up with everyone's time zones!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment