About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, June 13, 2016

Ten Days

School has been out for 10 days. So far, this is what we have done:


  • Drove from Dallas to St. Louis, delivered my mom's Mother's Day gift to her in person, and had brunch with my parents
  • Drove from St. Louis to Warsaw, IN to have dinner with all of Mike's immediate family together, meeting our two youngest nephews for the first time
  • Spent two and a half days with Mike's parents, visited with his uncle, two aunts, and grandma, played games, and hung out in the country
  • Dropped off a copy of my books to the Warsaw Public Library and left a surprise complementary copy to the next guest at my favorite place in Warsaw
  • Had an interview with the Warsaw Times Union to later see a HUGE article published about my books 
  • Visited with several old friends at the lake and even sold a few books
  • Reconnected with three of my first-ever ESL students and their family
  • Drove from Warsaw, IN to Carmel, IN to have lunch with my sweet Grandma
  • Drove from Carmel, IN to Columbus, IN to camp out in front of Mike's brother's house for three nights
  • Drove a bunch of tractors
  • Got to attend our 4-year-old nephew's Cowboy themed birthday party
  • Went for a short hike in Brown County, IN
  • Drove from Columbus, IN back to St. Louis, MO to spend two and a half days with my parents
  • Had a belated birthday dinner with my favorite dessert ever--strawberry pie
  • Took Juan David to my dad's church for the first time and heard my dad preach for the first time in many years
  • Visited and ate at Fitz Root Beer and had giant root beer floats
  • Celebrated our third anniversary of the day Juan David came back to us
  • Gave my dad an early Father's Day gift
  • Ate lots of good food (too much)!
  • Watched my boys spend a lot of time together as brothers
Tomorrow we're headed home, where I have a sweet, spazzy kitty waiting for us to get there.


What an adventurous start to our summer! I will post pics and write more about different aspects of our trip once we're finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment