About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Houston bound!

I sure am looking forward to this upcoming weekend. Friday morning a friend and I will be meeting up to drive to Houston together for Beth Moore's 2016 SSMT Celebration.

A lady in my Bible study two summers ago talked about Beth's Scripture memory challenge to memorize two verses a month for a year and then attend a celebration at her church the following year.

I thought it sounded great, so I decided to give it a try. What a lifeline those verses became to me through quite a challenging year. I am now headed to Houston to celebrate with my new friend, Jan, the same lady that showed up in that Bible study two summers ago. I can hardly wait!

Here's my ticket to get in: my collection of verses from 2015. 

A new Scripture memory challenge will begin again next January for the year of 2017. My new challenge for the current year is to continue learning verses while applying art to them. I bought myself one of those new adult coloring books that has a verse on each page. I love it! Adding art back into my life has really helped me to slow down, unplug, to relax and refocus. I highly encourage it.

I'm thinking maybe some of the pages I color will need a frame to go up in my prayer corner, aka war room. :)

Stay tuned for pics  and for my reaction to my weekend in Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment