About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Getting close!

Okay, so now it's pretty real......two weeks from this moment, we will have been in Bogota for about an hour.  David and I were discussing today everything we're looking forward to.  Of course, seeing Julian tops the list, and then eating at Crepes and Waffles comes in a close second. :)  This year we already know where we're going, we know a lot of the people we'll be seeing, and we already know and love Julian.  All of that anxiety that we had a year ago is now gone, of course.  However, this trip brings with it a whole new set of unknowns that leave me guarding my heart just as much as I did a year ago.  Lots of new possibilities have come up at the last minute that leave me wondering just what God has up His sleeve this time.  I'm thrilled, excited, and terrified all at the same time.

I had a choice as to which age level and English level I would prefer to work with at the school for summer school.  I said that I had experience working with all grade levels, but that I preferred the younger ages and especially the lower English levels.  Today I found out I'll be teaching Pre-K!!!!  This will be a whole new experience, but I definitely will be working with the kids who speak the least amount of English, and that is what I wanted. :)

We haven't heard any specifics on what Mike may be doing, but I assume we'll just play that by ear. Speaking of Mike and ears, he also just went to the doctor today and found out he has an ear infection.  Isn't that a bit odd, you think?  We must have all just gotten a bad cold or something that went straight to our ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment