About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

A grand accomplishment!

Day before ceremony pics












Graduation Day

Morning before Ceremony pics--packing up, truck and all. A last minute final decision to move to Indiana until God reveals his next steps truly became a whole family affair. 













A visit we least expected but so appreciated. Mauri has been closely involved in David's life since David entered the youth group as a 6th grader. He mentored David as a youth intern, then a youth pastor, and now a campus pastor at LakePointe Firewheel Church. And, he also graduated from DBU. 

One last spur of the moment trip to one of his favorite places for lunch, Cane's!

Giving the family a campus tour while David was in rehearsal. 



God blessed us with a beautiful day, beautiful weather, and beautiful skies.



Peggy and I admiring the prayer garden.


The beautiful stained glass right outside the balcony of the sanctuary that I never noticed before.


Juan made it just in time!











Officially a DBU graduate!















David and his roommate/best bud, Sean



Looks like that diploma just says 
Michael Alspaugh! LOL. Nice try, Mike.




Going down the stairs was much easier than going up.
I can't imagine all the memories made in that house 
over the last three years. 

Loading up the last few things before 
heading to the celebration.




Good food and pickle ball to follow for the next three hours. 






























Not very often we get grandparents from both sides in a family pic!













So thankful for other people taking pics that night!

And then one more celebration a day later, 
joint for my birthday celebration.






So proud of my college graduate, though it's definitely bittersweet. Closing chapters are never easy, now matter how exciting the next chapter may be. I myself have a lot of mixed emotions, knowing his chapter at DBU is now complete. 

He officially moved to Indiana now to work with his dad and uncle until God makes his next step (and direction) clear. 

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment