About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Part 2--More spring break adventures

Tea time wth Mom--My friend Olga (more Colombian connections) recently starting managing a cute little tea room in Rockwall, and she invited me to come out sometime to see her. My mom loves to drink tea, so I thought it would be a fun way to spend time with her over spring break.

And what an adorable little tea room it is! An old house redone inside to make it a cozy little area to spend time with someone special. I loved it and plan on going back. I had a nice time with my mom, I got to reconnect with Olga, and my sweet friend Eliza (who I met on our Guatemala trip and found out we have very similar personalities) had just started working there. 



Olga and Eliza--two people I came to know and love while OUTSIDE of this country

Family Day Out--A few years ago, we went camping as a family at Lake Lavon, and we were pretty sure we heard lions roaring from a distance. Little did we know at the time that a wildlife refuge existed just a mile or so away from the campground in Wylie.

Well, since my parents just bought a house in Wylie, I felt it was a good time to introduce them to their new town by finally checking out this wildlife refuge--In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center. I took the boys and my parents, and my brother came along with his boys, too. I loved it and will definitely go back again sometime so Mike can see it, too. Such beautiful and majestic animals--all rescued from improper care somewhere. Lions, tigers, cougars, lemurs, leopards, cheetahs, bobcats, etc. And you can see them up close, much closer than at a zoo. They all have special names that they even know themselves by. It's a special place they've got there. Can't believe I've been here 15 years without knowing much about it.




 One of the lemurs, just chillin'


 One of the white tigers recently rescued.

 This beautiful white tiger unfortunately didn't want to get up from naptime while we were there.

 One of the black leopards that I couldn't get a good picture of. 

A cheetah

If you are in the area and have never visited either of these two places, I highly recommend both of them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment