About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

It's all about Jesus

We won't be home for Christmas this year, so we decided against setting up a tree (at least, as of now we decided against it).

I have a growing collection of nativity sets, though, so I did set them up. David and I used a day of our break to put on the Christmas music, clean off the shelves, and put the nativities and a few decorations up.

Outside we put up a lit nativity with a lit cross behind it.

Inside, this is what I put up:

 A little nativity ring dish from a previous student.

 Another nativity box from a previous student (I believe).

 A nativity lamp that I found at a thrift store (two matching ones still in their boxes, one for me, one for my mom).

 Another nativity (that lights up) from a previous student, plus a book about the very first Christmas.

 A small nativity that we bought in Colombia, as well as a small figurine nativity from a student.

  Two tiny, tiny nativities from Colombia (left) and from Spain (right)

 A nativity that one of my Guatemala team members bought for me in the airport in Guatemala.

 The nativity set that I grew up with that my mom passed on to me.

. Another miniature nativity craft that I made with my mom a few years back. It's a little box that looks like a gift, and on the top it says, "The World's Greatest Christmas Gift".

 My annual "Jesus" tree, a small lit-up tree covered in ornaments with a variety of the different names of Jesus.


And this year, I am going through a devotional that my friend gave me, specifically on the names of Jesus. 

Christmas is all about Jesus. The more we seek Him, the more we find Him. The more we find Him, the more we see that nothing else can even begin to compare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment