About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Los Angeles Mission Trip

Yesterday, we dropped the boys off at the airport to board an airplane to Los Angeles, California, specifically the Burbank area.

They gave up their yearly camp experience in exchange for this opportunity to not only visit California, but to work alongside Story City Church. They also worked hard for many months doing yard work for several church members, helping a family move, etc., to earn the money for this trip.

This morning their team is helping the church set up and tear down for services, and then throughout the week they will be helping to advertise the church to the surrounding community and will be doing several community service projects. Their main goal--to let people in the area know that Story City Church (http://www.storycitychurch.com) is there. Also, to share their own "story" of how they met Christ.

Here are pics from the airport and a picture. Please pray for their safety while traveling and for God to do amazing things in and through them. I am so thankful for their youth leaders involvement in both of my boys' lives. Their impact on them is amazing.

 All eyes on their fearless leader, Mauricio (so thankful for his impact on my boys!)

 Getting ready to check in their bags for the flight



The mandatory selfie with Mom


Team Pic

Setting up for church bright and early on Sunday morning



 View from the hotel room, I am assuming. :) (Stole it from Instagram)


It's gonna be a quiet week around here, but I love knowing how God is occupying their time. At least I've got plenty to keep me busy around here so I don't miss them too much.

More than anything, I'm thankful they get to do this together. May it be an experience that bonds them in a completely new way as the brothers God has made them. (One more day to enter the July giveaway at the top of this blog for your own copy of Painful Waiting, the story that made my sons brothers).

Thanks for your prayers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment