About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Taking my books on a trip

Another fun aspect of our 2016 summer road trip was taking my books on a little tour of their own, getting them into the hands of people that don't live very close to us. Here are a few examples in pics. Someone once told me that the best way to sell books is by word of mouth, so the more hands they fall into, the more people who can start talking about them.

 Warsaw, IN--right into the hands of one of my very first ever ESL students. I've known this girl since she was in kindergarten. BTW, she's even mentioned in the first book when I attended her quinceanera back in 2008. (That would make her about 23 now, I think!)

 Columbus, IN. My favorite photographer of all time. (Stay tuned for another post on that!)

Warsaw, IN--the daughter of a friend who ran cross-country with me back in high school. This sweet little girl now wants to write her own book about some of her own challenges with Juvenile Arthritis. If anyone can understand the title of the book, she can.  Her mom prayed me through grief when our first attempt to adopt Juan and his sister fell apart. Now I get to pray her daughter through her faith and perseverance in the midst of a challenging health issue. 

 She sure had a lot of fun with the boys, though!

 Carmel, IN--my wonderful Grandma. 

Warsaw, IN--my dear friend who won a free copy of the book for being the first one to arrive at our event! We walked through a lot of life together, including pregnancy, back when I lived in IN. 

Warsaw, IN--I left a copy of both books at the local library where I used to take David when he was just a wee little thing.

Warsaw, IN--a friend from my dad's previous church in Indiana, First Baptist Church.

A surprise complementary copy of both books that I left on a table in my favorite coffee shop in Warsaw, the one right around the corner from where I worked. Who knows who ended up picking them up?

I didn't get pictures of another high school friend who came by to purchase a book, another previous student I ran into at Walmart, nor of the two ladies in St. Louis, Missouri who each bought a copy of both books.


I also contacted the local newspaper in the town where I went to high school and college (and later married Mike and gave birth to David). I ended up getting an interview scheduled while we were in town, and the article they ran on my books really blew me away. I can't think of a better way to get the word out there in that community! Hope this pic is big enough and clear enough for you to read it. (You'll have to overlook the misspelling of Colombia. Other than that, I love the article and feel very blessed by it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment