About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, December 14, 2014

High school soccer

"You are now officially part of the Naaman Forest soccer family." Quite a different response than at the parent meeting for high school football.

There were no tryouts for football. If you showed up, they put you on the JV team. Juan David didn't know anything about football, but he gave it a try, anyway, to get himself ready for soccer tryouts in December. He had his tryouts while we were in Illinois, and on Thursday morning he sent me a text at school to say he made the team! He was super excited, and so proud of himself.

"Mom, I am so happy with myself that I want to have a party!" Funny boy. We took him out to Chick Fil-A instead.

So now we have a very happy boy at home, plus we are thankful he's back on a strict practice schedule every day after school (which requires no running around for us) and an extra motivation to keep his grades up. The soccer coach seems like a great guy, and we felt very welcomed "to the soccer family" at his high school. His games start in less than a month, and I look forward to cheering him on.

No comments:

Post a Comment