About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, March 3, 2014

My top ten favorite quotes from Fresh Grounded Faith

Jennifer Rothschild said it's not a sermon or message that changes our lives.  It's usually a sentence.  So she encouraged us to take note of certain simple sentences that stood out to us.  Here are my top ten I heard over the weekend at the conference.  
  • "It's not the prayer, it's the power in the prayer." (Stormie Omartian)
  • "It's not what you do in life, it's Who you know." (Stormie Omartian)
  • "Wherever we're locked up, Jesus has the keys." (Stormie Omartian)
  • Change me, Lord. "It's not about who needs to be changed, it's about being willing to be changed." (Stormie Omartian)
  • "Dependent life is liberating, not stifling!" (Stormie Omartian)
  • "We're in the dark until we reach up and find His light in the darkness.  The treasure in the dark is Him and His presence." (Stormie Omartian)
  • "While the wilderness may seem nowhere at the time, it's somewhere if it's where you're supposed to be." (Stormie Omartian)
  •  "We will not go gutsy unless we personalize the presence of God.  You'll never be able to act according to the power of the Lord." (Jennifer Rothschild)
  • "God's companionship will come in the form of His word as you study it with other women." (Jennifer Rothschild)
  • "Answers don't bring satisfaction.  Only an encounter with God does." (Jennifer Rothschild)

No comments:

Post a Comment