About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thank you, Jesus

I've totally fallen in love with teaching four year olds.  Their enthusiasm to learn and grow is contagious.  Their smiles can melt my heart in a second.  While the rest of the school is undergoing huge changes in how the classroom has to be set up and run (changes that will ultimately have a positive outcome for students but that are incredibly stressful and stretching for teachers to set in place), we're having a blast singing songs, learning how to spell our names and count, and thriving on structure.  

I needed this.  Only God knows how psychologically difficult last year was on me while going through that adoption process again with no assurance that it might actually work out.  

The other day, another teacher who has been in her grade level for many, many years went up to my assistant and told her that she wanted my job. Then a few days later, two more teachers peeked their heads in my door and said, "Rachelle, you really don't know how blessed you are to be here."  God knew.  He knew I needed to be able to relax and thoroughly enjoy my job so I could focus more on my family.  I'm so thankful He saw ahead to what I couldn't see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment